is this for you?
To willingly reside in our distress, no longer resisting what is, is the real key to transformation. As painful as it may be to face our deepest fears, we do reach the point where it's more painful not to face them.
photo © 2015 m. angela smith
Psychotherapy from a mindful and spiritual orientation is not what you may be accustomed to with more traditional modes of personal growth and healing (most standard psychiatry, certain meds, self-help books, grit and will power, etc.). If you are hoping to work with a more conventional "medical" model, then this is probably not a good fit for you.
My work is experiential, focused, creative, eclectic, spiritual, and personal. Sometimes it is even mystical. It is highly individualized and tailored for you, and what we discuss will vary from week to week. Sometimes the work will be indirect, and other times, very direct.
Please consider the following questions before contacting me for an appointment.
- Are you willing to change you? Be sure!
- Can you try new ideas and processes with an open mind?
- Are you motivated to explore your own heart, mind, and psyche with openness, honesty, and humility?
- Can you make time outside of session to implement the things we talk about?
- Are you able to receive and consider the point of view of someone new?
- Can you tolerate some discomfort in the process of growth and change?
- Are you able to receive help and support in the process of healing yourself?
Our agreement to work together must include:
- Complete honesty
- Openness to process
- Willingness to risk
- WillIngness to be accountable and responsible for your own life
- Willing to examine all beliefs and values and test for validity
- Willingness to explore new modes of being in the world
- Willingness to bring a clear sense of what you want to work on in your life to each session
- Willingness to grant me permission to work directly with your higher consciousness
Did you get a sense about whether or not this is right for you? If you think so and you're up for it, give me a call. I welcome you to a 15-minute free telephone consultation.
Conveniently located in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque in the North Valley, near 4th and Osuna